Student Accommodations in Freiburg
Freiburg is a vibrant and charming university city. Due to the unusually large number of students, there is a relatively high demand for student housing and other types of accommodations. Thus, in spite of the many advantages Freiburg provides for students, the price of accommodations is slightly higher than in other university cities.
We have compiled the following list of tips and links to assist you in your search for an accommodation.
Recommendation for finding suitable accommodations:
- Fliers posted on bulletin boards around the central university campus (ex. the bulletin boards between KG III and KG I, and the bulletin boards hung on the ground floor of KG IV)
- Local classified ads Zypresse (available in various locations throughout Freiburg as well as online)
- Classified section of the Badischen Zeitung (German only)
- University of Freiburg residential service offices (Studentenwerk)
- Online classifieds ZimmerFREI-BURG.de
- Online classifieds (national listings) Studenten-WG
- Online classifieds (national listings) WG-gesucht
- Online classifieds (national listings) Vierwaen.de
- A more detailed list of further online classified advertisements are available on the Studentenwerk Freiburg webpage
- A useful tip: as odd as it may sound, there are also a number of fliers advertising apartments for rent posted in restroom stalls across campus, particularly in KG III and KG IV.