The University of Freiburg English Department is one of Germany's most renowned research institutes in the area of English literature and linguistics. Department faculty members are actively involved in several ongoing research projects (often both intra-faculty and inter-collegiate). Its continuous dedication to academic excellence and innovative research, its support of graduate studies and its involvement in numerous international academic networks has earned the University of Freiburg English Department a reputation as a 'Professorenschmiede' which loosely translates to 'professor mill' in English.
- Department professorial chairs
- Department publications
- Dissertations & postdoctoral theses
- FRIAS: Freiburg Institute of Advanced Studies
- Research reports issued by individual departments belonging to the Faculty of Philology (in German only)
- The interdisciplinary research group 'History in Popular Cultures of Knowledge'
- Anglistik in Freiburg: Quality Professors
- Postgraduate Studies at Freiburg an Excellent Opportunity (New Scientist, 24 June 2009)