Advanced Particle Physics
Written examination on February 25th, 2014 from 09:00 - 11:00h. Place: HS II in the physics high-rise. No online registration (see below)
Lecture starting on Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Prof. K. Jakobs Gustav-Mie-Haus, 3rd floor, Room # 03-021
Consultation hours: Friday 11:00 - 12:00 am
- Monday, 10:15 - 12:00 am (see also lecture plan), Attention: Lecture takes place in Seminar room, Westbau 2nd floor
- Tuesday, 08:15 - 10:00 am, Hörsaal II
- Exercises: every Wednesday 8:30 - 10:00h, Seminar room, Westbau 2nd floor
- Detailed lecture plan (pdf)
- General comments (pdf)
- Exercises will be distributed weekly and have to be returned by Monday, 12:00 am of the following week in the mail box in the foyer of the Gustav-Mie-House (pdf).
- Written examination on Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 from 10:00h - 12:00h in HS II in the physics high-rise.
(2nd pass on April 8th, 2014)
- Registration for the written exam cannot be done online. Please register during the lecture or directly at the exam.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Accelerators
Chapter 3 Neutrinos
Chapter 6 QED
Chapter 7 QCD
Chapter 8 QCD Exp. Tests
Chapter 9 Weak Interaction
Chapter 10 Electroweak Unification
Chapter 11 (no online version available)
Chapter 12 Higgs
ROOT Introduction (Link to pdf-file)
- F. Halzen and A. D. Martin, Quarks & Leptons, John Wiley Verlag.
- P. Schmüser, Feynman-Graphen und Eichtheorien für Experimentalphysiker, Springer Verlag.
- D. Griffiths, Einführung in die Elementarteilchenphysik, Akademie Verlag.