The Bernstein Association for Computational Neuroscience
The Bernstein Association for Computational Neuroscience supports science, research and education in Computational Neuroscience, and disseminates research themes and findings to the public.
The Bernstein Association for Computational Neuroscience was founded in 2009 by members of the Bernstein Network and is recognized as a non-profit organization. Donations are always welcome and are tax-deductable according to German legislation.
Donations are used for the following activitities:
- Support of scientific communication and collaboration, e.g. by organization and support of events (like conferences, meetings, workshops, talks),
- Public relations work aimed at dissemination of neuroscientific results and methods to the general public, e.g. by events or publications,
- Support of scientific education, training and qualification,
- Fellowships, e.g. for training purposes,
- Awards to scientists who made outstanding contributions to the field of Computational Neuroscience or its dissemination,
- Financial support of research projects.
The association can also administrate additional endowments or trusts.
"Brains for Brains" - Yound Researchers' Computational Neuroscience Award
Prof. Andreas Herz (BCCN Munich, LMU Munich)
Prof. Theo Geisel (BCCN and BFNT Göttingen, Max-Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization)
Dr. Thomas Wachtler-Kulla (G-Node, LMU Munich)
Bernstein Computational Neuroscience e.V.