- March 2016 -
(Georg, Leon, Michael, Jens, Jin, Stefan, Bente, Jan)
- A fullpaper on the reductive cross-coupling between Michael-acceptors has been published in Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry. The titanium(III)-catalyzed coupling reaction has been applied to over 70 examples.
- Our most recent publications dealing with catalyzed radical additions to Michael-acceptors and the mechanism of our ketone-nitrile cross-coupling have been published in Angewandte Chemie and The Journal of the American Chemical Society, respectively. See our publication list for more details.
- Jan was awarded the prestigious Heisenberg fellowship of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
- Our most recent publication on the synthesis of 1,1-disubstituted tetrahydroisoquinolines by a reductive umpolung strategy has just been published in Organic Letters. // The Dozentenpreis of the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie (FCI) was awarded to Jan on April 14th.
- Our recent publication on titanium(III)-catalyzed reductive couplings in presence of a "metal-free" reductant has just been published in Chemistry — A European Journal. With a reducing agent that was originally developed by the Mashima group, reductive umpolung reactions such as the pinacol coupling can now be carried out under homogeneous conditions and without the formation of metal-salts as byproducts.