- February 2015 -
(Sara, Tobi, Jin, Georg, Jan, Leon, Markus, Jens, Plamen)
Das Advanced Synthesis Seminar fällt am 7.1.2016 aus! Nächster Termin: 14.01.2016
- Our most recent publications dealing with catalyzed radical additions to Michael-acceptors and the mechanism of our ketone-nitrile cross-coupling have been published in Angewandte Chemie and The Journal of the American Chemical Society, respectively. See our publication list for more details.
- Jan was awarded the prestigious Heisenberg fellowship of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
- Our most recent publication on the synthesis of 1,1-disubstituted tetrahydroisoquinolines by a reductive umpolung strategy has just been published in Organic Letters.
- The Dozentenpreis of the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie (FCI) was awarded to Jan on April 14th. It is a prestigious award for young research group leaders in all fields of chemistry. For more information, see the official press release on the FCI webpage: http://fonds.vci.de
- Our recent publication on titanium(III)-catalyzed reductive couplings in presence of a "metal-free" reductant has just been published in Chemistry — A European Journal. With a reducing agent that was originally developed by the Mashima group, reductive umpolung reactions such as the pinacol coupling can now be carried out under homogeneous conditions and without the formation of metal-salts as byproducts.
- Our manuscript dealing with the synthesis of bridged ring-systems by a sequence of two titanium catalyzed processes was accepted for publication in Chemistry — A European Journal.
- Our account on titanium(III)-catalyzed umpolung reactions has been published in The Chemical Record
- Our publication on titanium-catalyzed acyloin-type cross-coupling reactions was highlighted in SYNFACTS.
- Our most recent publication about a novel bromination reagent for organic synthesis just appeared in Synthesis. This work was a cooperation with the Riedel group (Inorganic Department, Freiburg)
- Our most recent publication on the intermolecular reductive coupling of ketones or imines with nitriles just appeared online in Chem. Commun. The reaction described within is a titanium(III)-catalyzed intermolecular acyloin-type cross-coupling.